Illuminated Cloud 2 issue tracker (tentatively) restored to public status

Just under a month ago, many of the Bitbucket Cloud public issue trackers--including IC2's--were the target of a broad spam attack. In response, I changed the IC2 issue tracker from public to private and have kept it that way ever since per-guidance from Atlassian/Bitbucket support.

Today I'm testing the waters by moving it back to public, though the change may be short-lived if I see any new signs of an attack. It looks like there are at least some new features for management of spam issues, and I know Bitbucket is working on a more comprehensive solution to this problem.

Again, if I begin to see even a trickle of new spam issues, I'll revert the issue tracker to a private state until Bitbucket support gives the all-clear. Hopefully that won't be necessary, though.