Illuminated Cloud 2 issue tracker taken offline due to spam attack

Someone has decided to start a spam attack on a number of BitBucket-based public issue trackers. This started mid-day yesterday with a slow trickle of spam-type new issues, but overnight the pace increased to a point where I'll be spending quite a bit of the morning cleaning up spam issues. Unfortunately the only mitigation is to change the issue tracker from public to private.

I have contacted BitBucket about this but haven't yet received any useful response. I am currently investigating options for a new public issue tracker that can be used to log bugs, enhancement requests, etc. In the interim, feel free to use support@illuminatedcloud.com to report issues.

I apologize for the temporary inconvenience. I will report any further updates here as they become available.