Illuminated Cloud 2 public issue tracker update

A little shy of two weeks ago I posted that the IC2 public issue tracker has been changed to private temporarily due to a broad spam attack on Bitbucket Cloud public issue trackers including IC2's. As a quick update, I have been in active discussion with the Atlassian/Bitbucket Cloud support team (including engineers) who are actively working to address this problem, but as it continues to be a problem, they have recommended keeping affected issue trackers private until they say otherwise.

In the interim, I have been conveying bugs and enhancement requests provided by users via email, public discussion groups, and even direct chat into the issue tracker so that they will be concretely on my working backlog for IC2 and available for broader group input once the issue tracker is restored to public status.

My hope is that this is resolved very soon, but if it drags on too long, I'll likely look into some alternative host for a public issue tracker. Hopefully that won't be necessary, though. Either way, I'll share any new information I have as it becomes available.

Of course, this doesn't in any way affect the forward progress of IC2. I appreciate the patience and understanding of all IC2 users during this (hopefully brief) interruption in this critical tool for bidirectional feedback on the status and future of the product.